Tuesday, August 3, 2021

 WHOSE SAFE SPACE ARE YOU?

 When my friends go through stuff (ups and downs), and I mean, my friends, they come to me; I am their safe space. They tell me how they feel, we cry, we deflate the pain they go through and, try to fix the problem together. 

 

When I go through stuff, I get to go through it alone. I say nothing to no one because I need to remain the 'safe space.' I do not want my friends to think that I am no longer that 'safe space,' because I have no idea how they will cope. I am not the best of humans, but I am a good listener, I feel empathy, and I try my best not to judge. I have read so many novels that no life occurrence feels new to me. But I hurt when my friends hurt, I sob when they sob, and I feel good when things get sorted out. I may not take my problems to them but, it gives me satisfaction to know that I can be there for my friends.

 

When it comes to me, I feel happy knowing that I can help out. Is it difficult for me to heal when I go through stuff? Oh yes! It is a difficult, and slow healing process. But is it worth it? Every single moment is worth it.  I feel like I am the sounding board for my friends and knowing that they can come to me at any time is more than enough payment for me.

 

I know that my friends and I will be okay in the end because God has got them, and God has got me. 

💗💗💗

1 comment:

Japa Syndrome in Nigeria

 Introduction In recent years, the term "Japa" has seen a significant rise in Nigeria's lexicon. Originally, it's a Japane...